Time is running out to stop catastrophic climate change.
Our leaders have let us down. But from school children going on strike, to the rise of clean, affordable community energy, millions of people across the world have recognised the climate emergency – and are doing something about it. Will you join them?
People power has already pushed UK Parliament, Scotland and Wales to declare a climate emergency. Now we need to turn these words into action and make sure our leaders build climate-friendly communities across the country – with warm homes, clean air, green jobs and thriving wildlife.
We want the UK government to adopt our Climate Action Plan by the end of 2020, and:
- Aim for 100% clean energy
- Invest in green and affordable transport - no more airport expansion
- Double tree cover to tackle climate breakdown and support nature
- Ban fracking and stop using dirty fuels
- Fund huge scale insulation and eco-heating schemes
- Lead the change in the way we consume products, so that we use less, and re-use more
- Pay our fair share to help vulnerable countries