Football is the biggest game in town. But as the most watched sports league in the world, the Premier League generates a lot of plastic waste.
It’s tough to avoid at the big games. When the crowds head home after the final whistle blows, they leave behind millions of pint cups as well as bottles, cutlery and other plastic waste.
If enough of us take action, we can show football teams that we don't want single-use plastic to be part of match day.
We are calling on clubs to pledge to:
- Replace single-use plastic cups for cold drinks with reusables.
- Remove or replace (ideally with reusable alternatives) single-use plastic bags, straws, stirrers, sauce sachets, mini milk-cartons and cutlery.
- Provide drinking water fountains and refill points.
- Constantly review the use of single-use plastic products and eliminate where possible.
- Engage with fans, visitors and the surrounding community about the action the club is taking to curb single-use plastic and why it is important, and what they can do.
Whether you're football-mad or just mad about plastic pollution, will you add your name to help get single-use plastic out of sport?