Young people have been leading the fight against the climate crisis – striking from school to demand the government takes urgent climate action.
Now they’re calling on the adults to join them.
We’re living in a climate emergency and the window to act is closing fast. Communities across the world are already feeling the most devastating impacts, even though they’ve contributed the least to the crisis.
We need to act now. But our government is continuing to make climate-wrecking decisions – from airport expansion and fracking, to funding the oil and gas industries overseas.
It’s time to stand with young people and demand emergency action on climate breakdown. You can support the Global Climate Strike by:
- Taking the day off work to attend a demonstration in your local area.
- Joining local actions during lunchtime or after work.
- Hosting or attending community events during the week of action.
- Organising a solidarity photo at work with colleagues.
- Encouraging employers to let staff join demonstrations during work hours.
We can still turn things around, but we’ll need as many people as possible to join the Climate Strike across the UK.
Will you join us for the Climate Strike on 20 September?